You can often use leftover foods you find in your fridge and pantry.
Make it a little more fancy with a couple of extra ingredients such as prawns or chicken.
This simple fried rice is really nice hot or cold, andan excellent lunch to pack for the kiddies.
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 bacon rashers, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Cook the rice in a large pot of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add eggs.Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.Add eggs.Swirl over base to form an omelette. Cook for 2 minutes oruntil set. Transfer to a chopping board. Set aside to coolslightly. Cut into short strips.
- Add bacon to frying pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until lightlyAdd bacon to frying pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until lightlygolden. Add carrot. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add shallots, peasand cooked rice. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add egg and soy sauce. Stir until heated through.
- Serve immediately or pack for lunch.