Banana Bread is a healthy snack made from a few simple ingredients.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana(approximately 2 1/2 medium or 2 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup of milk ( Skim)
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- Optional extras : 1/2 cup chopped walnuts,pecans,choc chips, dried fruit or fresh banana slices can be mixed in at the last minute
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees celsius
- Grease a 22 X 12 cm Loaf pan
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat well then whisk in the mashed banana and milk.
- Add baking soda, vanilla,salt and cinnamon and whisk together until blended.
- Using a large spoon gently fold in the flour until just combined. Some lumps are ok!
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with a little extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 55-60 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfere to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
The banana bread should last 2-3 days at room temperature or 5-7 days in the refrigerator.